Things I thought about this week:
- What has happened to education in this world? Is everyone illiterate suddenly? Lately I have found rash of poor grammar everywhere, like this ad on Freecycle I received in my email (on a side note question: on blogs when people type “teh” instead of “the” is that on purpose? If so, why?):
I’m looking for a bengal kittne for a gift for my son’s christmas
present. I can’t afford to buy one froma bredder. If anyone is giving
one away, or is selling one for a good price, please let me know, I
would love to give my son a great christmas present, such as a kitty.
- All you preschoolers, stop reading my blog immediately. It is not appropriate: I found this over at Mommybytes, where she ranked so much higher than me I feel ridiculous.
- This is a funny joke, even if it
is the truthpokes fun at my team:
A guy walks into a bar wearing a 49ers jersey and carrying a cat that’s also wearing a 49ers jersey.
The guy says to the bartender, “Can my cat and I watch the 49ers game here? My TV is broken and my cat and I always watch the game together!”
The bartender replies, “Normally, cats wouldn’t be allowed in the bar, but it’s not very busy in here right now, so you and the cat can have a seat at the end of the bar. But, if there’s any trouble with you or the cat, I’ll have to ask you to leave.”
The guy agrees, and he and his cat start watching the game.
Pretty soon the Niners kick a field goal and the excited cat jumps up on the bar and walks down the bar and gives everyone a high five.
The bartender says, “Hey, that’s pretty cool! Does he do that for every field goal?”
The guy nods, “Yeah, every time.”
The bartender asks, “What does he do for a touchdown?”
The guys answers, “I don’t know, I’ve only had him for 3 years.”
- I believe I am a survivor, that I am strong and bold. I just get through things. I am rarely envious or jealous. So why, when my boss was showing me one of his wife’s Christmas presents (a 3 carat tanzanite) and he said it was almost $4k, did I have to run from the room so he wouldn’t see the tears that sprung into my eyes? All I could think was…I don’t have enough gas to get to work next week or to pay for my prescription and I don’t get paid until next Friday. I was just so suddenly overwhelmed.
- I am so happy! Funsize (the lovely daughter-in-law to be) found a horse for lease (cheap) and she is going to let Bear ride whenever she wants (Bear has been very sad since she she has been unable to see Apache). On an unfortunate note, when Bear got to meet Spitfire on Tuesday, she was unable to ride because her tushy was too sore. The day before we had to go to the doctor because she has a bad infection (actually turned out to be two different things and two different medications). My insurance wouldn’t cover the oral med the doctor prescribed so she had to get a rocephin shot in her tushy. Apparently, those shots really hurt and leave a bruise 🙁
- I am contemplating my sanity or doubting it: Is it so wrong that suddenly I am really missing John Denver? Not him personally, but his music. I always loved his stuff and once I went (birthday present) to see him in concert. It was awesome, but it was forever ago. Yet, this song? It brings tears to my eyes. Why? I have no idea.