Allo, allo? Remember me? I can’t even count high enough to number how many weeks it has been since I produced a TT. Mr. Linky probably won’t remember me…
- M*A*S*H – I have seen every single episode at least 20 times. Radar rocks! I still have nightmares about the episode of Hawkeye on the bus with the chicken/baby.
- Falcon Crest – This show was so addictive that my husband and I would actually go over to my Mom’s house for a weekly visit to watch with them! I loved to hate Angela Channing. And Lorenzo Lamas….just umm, eye candy.
- The Brady Bunch -As a kid, we were only allowed to watch a few hours of tv weekly. Friday nights was kid‘s tv night…We watched the wonderful Brady’s (I adored Alice) and….
- The Partridge Family – Right after Brady Bunch. I so wanted to be Susan Dey, until I realized that I couldn’t date David Cassidy if I did. Travelin’ along, there’s a song that we’re singin’. Come on, get happy! A whole lotta lovin’ is what we’ll be bringin’. We’ll make you happy!
- Emergency – The beginnings of a life long fascination with all things medical. Probably why I was pre-Med in college. Definitely why I am still addicted to all shows medical.
- Mission Impossible – Really a mind bender. Things you would never think of. Probably what led to my later adoration of MacGuyver. Your mission, should you choose to accept it…this tape will self-destruct in 10 seconds.
- Knot’s Landing – Were you alive 1978-1991? Then you know of Dallas. I am one of a very few who didn’t care for it much (something about Victoria Principal rubbed me wrong), but it was hard to ignore when there was only one tv in the house and my mom was in charge of the channels. However, I was entranced with this branch of the Ewings, especially Valene. No one could say more with a single look than Valene.
- Days Of Our Lives – I was raised on this show. My grandmother watched, my mom, and my aunts too. It is so successful because it grows and changes with each generation. The Brady’s fit my family. My Grama is their Grama. I lived vicariously through Hope and Mr. Vixen was my knight…like Hope’s Bo. When I was in college I arranged my class schedule such that I could go to the Newman Center to watch between class. Me and 20 other students.
- The Flying Nun – The beginnings of another odd fascination of mine…Sally Field. It was a quirky, independent girl (I also liked Marlo Thomas in That Girl) but included my religion. I also thought that Sally was simply fabulous in Smoky And The Bandit).
- Lost In Space – My dad instilled in me a deep and abiding love and fascination with anything and everything Sci-Fi. This show prickled all my loves with a family theme and a space theme. Danger Will Robinson.
- Saturday Night Live – One of the truly greatest, ground breaking shows ever. First time my parents ever let me stay up that late. And once they did…it was all over. The Land Shark bit? Tickled me and my step-sister to no end, and Mr. Bill? Gilda Radner? Jane Curtin? My sister still (with much affection) says to me “You stupid b*tich”, to which I reply “You ignorant sl*t”. For us it is like saying I love you forever!
- BJ And The Bear – What is there not to love about a trucker who travels around with a pet monkey? And what kid, ever, didn’t want to own a pet monkey?
- Gilligan’s Island -Probably the most addictive tv show ever conceived. I was particularly intrigued by the Professor. Although I kept thinking I should want to be Maryann. But you can’t erase the inborn scientist in my soul. Try as society might, it just never worked. Have I ever told you all about the time I went to the place where they filmed the show? No? Amazing. I drove Bear and Mr. Vixen absolutely insane with it. I will have to write a post….You have to have very special connections to go there these days. It is now a research facility for the Federal government.They train dolphins who find nuclear bombs…and there was a baby when we were there. Very hush, hush though. I had to use the super zoom for that. And even then they threatened to take my camera.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants