It’s Tuesday already. I need to know where the days keep sneaking off to. The summer heat has finally hit here and I’ve spent the last week hiding inside trying to stay focused. About all I’ve managed to do is become addicted to some new tv shows (thanks to Mr. Vixen).
My lackluster approach to blogging isn’t working well, is it? It isn’t that I don’t want to post. It’s mostly I don’t have anything to say. Or too much to say. I can’t really decide. It may be the heat is affecting my brain function.
Bullets! How about bullets?! They always manage to distract me a bit.
- Ladybug starts kindergarten tomorrow morning. I have issues. Mostly with how it’s possible that she is old enough to attend school. She qualified for a wonderful Special Day Program, due to her special needs. That is the best thing that could have happened for her and her mommy. Nanny is having great difficulty with the idea of letting her go. I understand that. Tomorrow morning I will head over there, watch her get on the bus, hand out tissues to wipe our tears and then follow her bus to school (seriously. we have to make sure everything is good when she gets there. nothing wrong with that, right?)
- After 585 days of being unemployed; one year 7 months and 8 days of resumes and applications, someone actually called me about a job. I have to say it sounds like it is the perfect match for my skills and experience. I have an interview, tomorrow morning. I am beyond excited, which probably means I won’t get it. But I am going to try my damndest.
- Butterball turned 3 yesterday, which also seems entirely impossible.
- Sunday before last we celebrated what would have been Collin’s second birthday. I wish I could say this stuff gets easier, but the jury is still out on that one.
- I may have mentioned (several hundred times), we babysit RolyPoly 3 or 4 days a week. It is so rewarding. I will have to admit my body had forgotten how hard it is to care for a baby, but in spite of the aches and pains, the joy of being with him all day is all consuming. And he is four and a half months old now (and 17 pounds)! Note the recurring time-passing-too-swiftly thing???!?!
- I have to go color my hair and shop for an interview business professional outfit. It’s been a long time since I had to dress up for work. We had a very business casual thing going for the last 10 years….