Things are going really well at work. And I have brought home two paychecks already. Being out of work for so long has definitely brought my expenses down and taught me to live on less. Which means, happily, that I can now go shopping. For myself. That is something I haven’t done in years and years. So on Saturday I went shopping and got my nails done and got a pedicure. Pure heaven. Also a learning experience.
Things I Learned Shopping At A Place Called K*ohl’s:
- I see why no one ever told me about this store. It is a dangerous place. I had never been inside and now? I may never come out.
- I may have a previously undiagnosed shoe addiction. My flip flops had to move out!
- That could be because the shoes from the ‘cheap’ store aren’t as comfortable or as cute.
- I don’t have enough money to buy one of everything.
- But I could very well have tried on one of everything.
- Vera Wang has exactly my taste. And I should charge her rent for all the stuff she is now storing in my closet.
- I never understood how someone could pay $38 for a bra. Now I know: if it is well made and fits well it doesn’t actually hurt to wear it. I am impressed.
- I cleaned out my closet and noticed I am was wearing clothes I bought in Utah. And I haven’t lived there since 1998.
- The Goodwill is going to love me. Or hate me.
- I clearly need work on making difficult choices. Or a second job and a bigger closet.
- The cashier said “I’d ask you if you found everything you needed today, but I can see you did just fine.”
- This could be a problem.