I got a horse and now I don’t have time to blog. Not true. I have time in the evenings, it is still winter now and gets dark early; but I am too exhausted. It’s time for bullets!
- Follow up to my doctor’s appointment: I gained a lot of weight. I also was having trouble moving things (if you know what I mean). No answer for either. Also? She thinks I am going through menopause but won’t treat me for it. My problem with the entire visit? Massive weight gain in such a short period and constipation are SYMPTOMS of something. All she did was write a scrip for one and tell me to get more exercise. I have since changed groups so I can see a different doctor this month. If at first you don’t succeed? See another doctor.
- She did suggest Weight Watchers. I doubt it will cure the cause, but since my work (yet another perk) offered the program at a discount, I went ahead and signed up for the 3-month program. I put the app on my iPhone (the iPhone my work supplied, yet another perk) and am doing well. I’ve lost a little over 5 pounds the first 1.5 weeks. I have a long way to go, but it is a start.
- Did I mention I got a horse? We go out every single day and spend time with him. Never have a I met a sweeter horse. Excellent manners, such a darling. We are learning ground work together, I’ve been watching a lot of video and he already knows most of it.
- Nannygoat saw the doctor today, her first official new pregnancy visit. As I alluded to before, there was an issue at the beginning. She had some symptoms of a UTI and when she was evaluated they found a subchrionic hematoma larger than the fetus. They diagnosed her with impending miscarriage and sent her home. In the end (several doctors and visits later) they found she did have an infection and the hematoma has of today completely resolved itself. There is a healthy, viable and good looking 10 week old baby in there. Its super secret internet name is Baby Banana.
- Still haven’t ridden my horse. We are getting to know each other and we needed a saddle. Turns out dear Calypso is hard to fit. But we found one today, for very cheap with an Arab tree that works very well. In time I will save up and get him (and me) the perfect saddle. But I have to say (even though I have only sat on the saddle on a saddle rack) it is one of THE most comfortable saddles I’ve ever been in.
- I am jealous. We got the saddle today and Erin sat atop Calypso. J.E.A.L.O.U.S. Thrilled I am, but envious. Check it out: