I like lists. Lists keep me sane. I am actually very happy going through life “flying by the seat of my pants” yet I still love lists. I make them about everything. Carry them around for years. Lists are my form in chaos. Lists are my light in the dark of night.
I don’t like me (all the time). Sometimes I am okay with me. Some days I feel good about myself. 2011 has been a year of discovery for me. A year of new discoveries, buried thoughts, and uncharted territories.
For all the reasons that C.Mom talks about here, I am challenged to complete this list. But I think it is something I need. Maybe everyone needs to do. As difficult as it seems, I am going to take a shot at the hardest list I have ever written. I hope it is a discovery of monumental proportions. I hope I believe it at the end of the next bad day. I hope it is true.
wasam a great mom. Not just good. But truly great. The greatest mom I could be.
- I am fun to be around. Not always funny, but sometimes witty and always sarcastic.
- “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.” is something I truly believe in and practice. Simple but true.
- I am compassionate.
- I am creative.
- I am pretty intelligent for someone who never finished college.
- My glass is ALWAYS half full.
- I am comfortable mentally in my body (although not physically)
- I can find the silver lining in the most horrible situation.
- I am emotionally strong and a rock for my family (and no, Lord, that does not mean you can add more burden~acceptance isn’t a sign of needing more)
- I am loving
- I am faithful to those I love and will protect them to any extreme
- I am driven
- I thrive when challenged
- The color of my eyes
- My faith is strong
- I believe in people
- I believe in YOU….let’s storm the internet with things we love about ourselves…Join Ciao Mom and The Empress and love YOURSELF