Flashdance….err I mean flashback…
On this day, 30 years ago….
- On primetime TV: Matt Houston, CHiPs, The Jefferson’s, One Day At A Time and Trapper John, MD (also the Sunday Night Movies)
- Playing in Vegas: Bill Cosby, Rich Little, Shelley Greene and Tom Jones
- In fashion: shoulder pads, shell suits, Lycra leggings, leg warmers and Deelyboppers
- Fads: Smurfs, Valspeak and Valley Girls, Chia Pets, Space Invaders, Atari, the Walkman, CB radios, and the keytar.
- Top of the charts: Eye of the Tiger – Survivor; Hurt’s So Good – John Cougar; Hold Me – Fleetwood Mac; Even the Nights Are Better – Air Supply; Abracadabra – Steve Miller Band; Keep the Fire Burnin’ – REO Speedwagon;
- Top Movies: Friday the 13th Part 3; E.T. – The Extra Terrestrial; An Officer and A Gentleman
yours truly marries her sweetheart (Mr. Vixen) in a lovely full mass ceremony at St. Matthias Catholic Church followed by a spectacular reception at a local country club.
Happy Anniversary to my best friend and lover.
Thirty years later and we still got it.