Well, if 2012 was notable for anything, it’s that I had ALOT to blog about and yet all there is on my blog is blank pages. It is my sincere hope that I change that in 2013. Not for you, for me.
Today, I saw a post from PB&Jazz and I was inspired (we’ll see how long that lasts, LOL):
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Break a bone (or six). If any of you have made it to 49 years young without breaking a bone, I must say I don’t recommend it.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I have no recollection of making one last year. I also don’t recall ever keeping a single resolution I made in the past. I am now making an executive decision to not make any more.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My son and DIL (MacDougal and Funsize), gave birth to my fourth granddaughter in August.
4. Did anyone close to you give die?
This year we suffered the unexpected and sudden losses of my dear Uncle Paul and my too-young-to-be-gone brother-in-law, Kenny.
5. What countries did you visit?
I don’t even have a passport, LOL.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
The winning lottery ticket. Or a money tree.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Wow, this year was filled with etchings…the birth of baby J, Ladybugs first bike ride without training wheels, heartbreak, candy skies, riding with Bear, new people and new places.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I was able to not only make the best out of a horrible situation for my daughter, it turned out to be one of the best things I was able to do for my family in many, many years.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I allowed myself to forget how short and precious life can be. And I let fear deep inside; still trying to kick it all the way out.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
See above, LOL. Broken bones, torn ligaments and surgery. All from one little, bitty fall off a horse.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The best thing I spent a large amount of money on was the new place we got a two-year lease on. I wish we could buy it. That would be a dream come true.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My kids have come through some truly difficult times this year. They were always there for each other and they make me so proud.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Fishboy. But we are working on moving on without him.
14. Where did most of your money go?
MOVING! So damn expensive…first, last, moving vans, time off, etc.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
MOVING. Ha, ha. Never thought I would say that. But we are so happy and in such a better place physically and emotionally because of it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Mmmmmotorboatin’!”Pontoon” – Little Big Town
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I don’t think happier is a big enough word for how much better I feel this year than last year.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter, but working harder on it!
c) richer or poorer? Poorer, but so better off!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Riding. Ground work. Chasing dreams.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
My mom and dad were here for the holidays. All the kids and grandkids came over for Christmas Eve. We opened one gift (pj’s) and Great Grama read Twas The Night Before Christmas to all her great-grandkids. RolyPoly, being 2, was hysterical during the reading and we all laughed until we cried. The next morning we went from house to house seeing what Santa had delivered, then back to my home for dinner. This was the first Christmas I have been with my Mom in many, many years and it was so wonderful to share it with her and all our grands!
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
No, but I am learning to love myself again.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
No contest, Parenthood
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
I read too many books. I can’t choose just one!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get by year’s end?
I didn’t know how much I wanted our own place in the country, but I got it and now I don’t know how I survived without it.
27. What did you want and not get by year’s end?
I really wanted to be comfortable enough to ride out on the trails every single day.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really enjoyed the Dark Night Rises opening with my kids.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
This year I turned 49. Since I worked and my birthday is so close to Christmas, we didn’t do anything.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I truly believe winning the lottery would be immeasurably satisfying. I would at least like to try it.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Ha, ha ha hahahahahha. I just try to find something clean that I can still zip up.
32. What kept you sane?
Calypso, my four-legged equine BFF! Ok, my husband helped too.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don’t think I will ever stop pining a bit for Brad Pitt. I can’t stop myself.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I hate how divided our country seemed this year. It was disturbing.
35. Who did you miss?
I miss seeing RolyPoly every day. And I miss Bear since she got so busy.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My new co-worker and friend Ms. Iowa.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Life ain’t always beautiful
Sometimes it’s just plain hard
Life can knock you down, it can break your heart
Life ain’t always beautiful
You think you’re on your way
And it’s just a dead-end road at the end of the day
But the struggles make you stronger
And the changes make you wise
And happiness has its own way of takin’ it sweet time
No, life aint always beautiful
Tears will fall sometimes
Life aint always beautiful
But it’s a beautiful ride