- Two straight weeks of babysitting someone under one year of age and you would think there would be funny stories galore to post. All I got is tired.
- Still no word from SSDI regarding Mr. Vixen’s claim. Not a yes. Not a no. Silence. I find this annoying as hell.
- After trying several muscle relaxants, my neurosurgeon finally decided to try valium. I take one at night and it seems to be working! After 3 weeks, I have virtually no sciatic pain. What I do have is severely limited range of motion, a weight gain of 12 pounds, and some sharp shooting pains if I twist the wrong way or sit too long . Which leads to me numero 4.
- I believe my muscles, tendons, and nerves have some serious work to do. They have had to remain dormant (or unusable) for months now. I know I probably need physical therapy, so I can get better safely and hopefully get back to work, but with a monthly share of the first $1,000 each month that is not going to happen.
- I did a small yoga workout this morning. It is still too soon to tell if it helped or hurt, but I need to try something. I tried yoga because I had found before the surgery that much of the yoga workout was very similar to the physical therapy I had after I was rear-ended by that bus two years ago. I just know that I need to lose some of this weight to take the pressure off my back and I need to be able to move around some. Oh, and I need to sit a desk for more than a few minutes at a time. It’s part of my job.
- My old boss sent me an email the other day saying there will be a bit of independent contracting work coming up. He also said “there is talk” about our customer’s former competitor going back into production, which in turn made our customer think about doing the same. So (although I hold out very little hope at this point) there is a small chance that in 2010 my company may start up business again in some limited capacity.
- I had forgotten how hard it is to come up with 13 random things until just now. And I am only half way there.
- Today is the last day for you to suggest a movie to me on this post and in return win yourself four free movie tickets. Go enter. (Note, I had to move the post to a different page to comply with BlogHer rules, so it may look like you have no competition, but the comments on the original post are still being counted. As of 8am this morning its you against 17, not bad odds if you ask me). Winner to be announced tomorrow.
- If you have unused pumpkins (or find them on sale cheap at the store since Halloween is over) go make them into pie mix! It’s easy. If you already have done it (Mar???), let me know how it went.
- The pinecones are smelling pretty terrific as near as I can tell through the bag. This weekend (when I am not on babysitting duty) I am going to get out the Thanksgiving decorations, which include a basket to hold the pinecones, so I am excited to see how it makes the entire house smell. Also that article was featured over at The Homemaking Cottage. My first byline, very cool. Also they have a ton of great ideas (besides mine) that you will enjoy.
- There are still new frocks going up at ApronFrenzy. They make great hostess gifts and holiday presents. And you help preserve the economy. I know most of you have already supported me/own one, I am just hoping you could tell a friend (or thirty) about it.
- I am discovering all kinds of new ways to use GIMP to create banners and buttons. A lot of fun. Working on a new banner for here this weekend and maybe a new layout. DO ANY OF YOU know of a a free wordpress theme with that is three column, but one of the columns is at the bottom? I have found a few that people charge for, but there has to be a free one somewhere. And you might know where it is. Please share.
- I feel like I am forgetting things I wanted to share or update you on. So I open up the comments to questions today. Wondering something about me? Did I confuse you in some post? You want to know it? Go ahead and ask it. Answers will be posted with the movie ticket winner tomorrow!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!