I have to admit, this has been a trying week for me. Many things that would make it better are not possible (like erasing it), but WOW this is awesome and really makes a huge difference in my life. I have been an internet ‘reader’ for years, but never commented until some time ago when I was led to a site of someone who was having a true life tragedy happen and is a great writer. I was touched beyond words by his plight and I reached out blindly. In return I made several dear friends online (same as in person friends, just without face time). I gained a new outlook on life from that experience and was able to share my crochet with (and, I hope, help) someone in need.
I can’t even remember now how I found Shelly‘s Share A Square Program, but I did and it gave me another new boost in online friends. She is such a lovely, caring individual and has introduced me to several more such people. Plus she is a kick ass story teller and I love to read her everyday. And now she has awarded me the Nice Matter’s Award.
Here’s the words that go with the Nice Matters Award.
“This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award.”
She says she awarded because “Vickie at Vixen’s Den, who carries the weight of the world on her shoulders as she awaits the birth of a new grandbaby and has just discovered that her other granddaughter has epilepsy. She still finds time to come visit to bolster my spirits and to crochet for charity.”
Now I doubt I deserve it. She has outshone me in nice and charity. I am probably visiting others and showing support so much as a way to hide from life, but hey….I accept. I need it, I feel it, and I love her for it.
And now I have to award this to seven other people. If I took too long to think about it, I wouldn’t be able to decide who because I only hang with nice peeps. Plus, something would probably occur offline that would distract me and it would never get done. I can’t pick people that have already received it, so I can’t award it back to Shelly (I would if I could, double and twice). So here goes.
- Allisone. Someone I met through AT. Complete stranger who guided me through my Hawaii visit and now is a good friend. She still owes me pickles though because I saved her in a dream. Together we will kick ass when the zombies attack. She has been here supporting me all week.
- Mrs. Eaves. You just don’t get any nicer and sweeter than her. Plus she is ,like, a native California girl like me and, like, we Cali girls must stick together. I owe her a baby blanket, which I am pretty sure the will be useless by the time I finish it. Unless she has another. Oh and she is best friends with my dream camera too.
- Marlee. My first blog buddy from herhangout. She has been making me feel stronger and better all week. She worked really hard on adding the Share A Square link on her site (we are learning wordpress together) and is sending yarn for squares even though she doesn’t crochet! What a big heart.
- AT. He thinks he is mean and tough, but he is really just a big guy with an even bigger heart. No matter how bad things get, I just remember how nice he was during his difficult time. Taking moments to reach out to us, when he probably felt we were just a bunch of internet pains in the ass.
- Mallory. My other herhangout buddy. Read her and you will see that she has a great heart too. The struggle she has caring for her parents and yet she shines through with positive thinking. Her last TT proves she is the definition of nice, the kind of person I aspire to be.
- Sumgirl. Another find through AT. Just a lovely girl who has fascinating stories. Another excellent writer. She is writing a book, and she doesn’t even know it. She has been making me feel better this week too.
- Funsize. She works so hard, I hardly get to see her. But when I need her, there she is. She drove us behind the ambulance last Saturday on the scary, dark road. She loves my son and makes him feel wonderful, which I am very grateful for. If she didn’t work so hard, maybe we could get a few more posts out of her, lol.
Thanks again to Shelly. And to all my friends out there who have been buoying me up with there prayers and well wishes all week. You guys really are awesome. And nice.