I’ve been tagged by Judi at Where The Road Takes Us with a meme that takes me back in time: Listing seven facts about me from high school. Since only a handful of my readers were even alive then, you can probably all understand if I have a hard time remembering back that far.
1. I was Vice President of the Science Club sophomore year and President my junior year.
2. When I was 15, I saw the movie Halloween in the theater with a girlfriend. Scared us nearly to death. That night I was babysitting next door to home, but I still had to call my mom to stay with me while I babysat.
3. My first job besides babysitting was cleaning fish tanks in a fish store.
4. My first car was a 1966 Chrysler Newport, for which I paid $100 combined with my mom’s old dinette set. It was bright yellow with a black swatch down the sides. Like a bee only eleventytrillion feet long. (click to see the full glory)
5. I went every Friday night after the football game to the roller rink for dance night and I usually wore my Danskin disco dress.
6. I tried out for Lettergirl (a step down from cheerleading), but didn’t make it. I did compete on the gymnastics team and the swim team. I also played right wing in a PAL soccer league.
7. While everyone else was fawning over Jill (Farrah Fawcet-ugh, the hair) and Kelly (Jaclyn Smith-who I think is prettier) I really, really wanted to be Sabrina (Kate Jackson) on Charlie’s Angels. She was pretty enough, but smarter, funnier and wittier than the others.